Mon, Oct 30|
City of Praise Family Ministries
NOT ONE: Campaign Against Domestic Violence
Dr. Iyanla Vanzant, teams up with State's Attorney Aisha Braveboy to explore how abuse survivors can gain the empowerment to live Bold, Beautiful, and Brave.
Time & Location
Oct 30, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
City of Praise Family Ministries, 8501 Jericho City Dr, Landover, MD 20785, USA
About the event
Join State's Attorney Aisha Braveboy, special guest speaker Iyanla Vanzant, brave survivors, and resource professionals for the 6th Annual "Not One: Campaign Against Domestic Violence."
WHAT IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE?
- Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, threats, and emotional abuse.
- Domestic violence is an issue that affects everyone and can invade every aspect of one's life - physical, emotional, financial, personal, and professional. Victims, their families, and friends often feel helpless and overwhelmed in these circumstances. It's time to raise awareness, listen to survivors, and make it known that domestic violence is never okay, NOT One Punch, NOT One Slap, and NOT One Hit.
DID YOU KNOW?
- According to national statistics, the numbers are staggering: Every minute, nearly 20 people per minute on average in the United States are physically abused by their intimate partners.
- That's over 10 million women and men in a year! In Maryland alone, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced physical violence from an intimate partner.
- On a typical day, local domestic violence hotlines receive approximately 19,159 calls, approximately 13 calls every minute.
DURING THIS EVENT:
You’ll be inspired by our dynamic speakers, and you'll discover how the State's Attorney's Office ensures justice is served, and victims are supported with resources, and learn about the criminal justice system in Prince George's County.
TAKE ACTION RSVP TODAY:
Let's come together to end domestic violence and support survivors. Your voice is essential in providing the help they need. This is an opportunity to make a real impact, offer hope, and embolden each other to live Bold, Beautiful, and Brave.